Book a private tour of Wildacres and experience a wonderful, nature filled, personal guided walk of the Nature Reserve, Honey Farm and Biodiversity Education Experience.
See and hear about all the different habitats on the nature Reserve and the wonderful wildlife that is resident in each. Enjoy a fascinating insight into the ancient craft of Beekeeping and discover how raw Irish honey is produced from start to finish.
Private Tours – Options Available
Tours can be customised to suit your specific requirements and can include any or all of the following:
- The opportunity to see the Honeybees in action, through a glass viewing panel inside the Wildacres Observation Hive and/or get suited up for a visit to the Wildacres apiary to see inside a working hive.
- Enjoy a guided relaxing stroll along the banks of the stunning Redcross river.
- Follow the meandering path through the four-acre Wildflower meadow and marvel at the stunning large wildlife ponds of which we have ten of on the lands.
- Walk alongside the native hedgerows brimming with biodiversity and hear about why they are so important in the Irish landscape.
- Experience all the many other initiatives and projects underway to help restore our biodiversity ranging from owl nest boxes to pollinator beds and butterfly borders.
- Learn about the simple steps you can take to help biodiversity no matter what type or size of outdoor space you have. Enjoy a cuppa and homemade cookie after the tour.
Duration: 2-4 hours depending on requirements
Group size: max. 14
Price: available on request
Age: 16+ (must be accompanied by an adult)
Weather: Please dress for the great outdoors and Irish weather.
Suitability: wellies recommended, some rough ground.
* Note: Wildacres is a Social Enterprise and all proceeds from tours, walks, workshops, courses and products go directly towards biodiversity protection, restoration and education through the Wildacres Nature Reserve Project.
For enquiries, please contact us here